Here’s the steps to setting up my antenna:
- Hammer a 2′ x 2.5″ PVC pipe into the ground. (Already done before shooting video.)
- I counted 26′ from center to each antenna tie down and hammered a stake into the ground. (PVC in the video and done before shooting.)
- Insert mast into PVC pipe. (Antenna and guys are already attached.)
- Fasten antenna to stakes. (Be prepared to adjust them some when raising the mast.)
- Raise top mast section and secure guys about 3-4 feet from top. Tighten the hose clamp holding the guys and finish raising top section.
- Raise middle section of mast to desired height.
- Tie guys down to ensure that mast is as straight vertically as possible. Don’t over tighten the guys.
- Keep in mind that this is not a permanent setup. It’s probably not advisable to keep this up without checking it daily. I wouldn’t trust it to stay up in high winds.